City of Arlington
SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS
The success of your special event depends upon the planning and preparation that you do. It is our intent that your event be successful but that it does not significantly impact public facilities and resources. This permit must be applied for no less than 45 days before the event. The following are the steps that you will need to take to acquire a Special Event Permit.
1. Contact the Recreation office to see if the date is available for event facility requested at 360-403-3448 or email@example.com . Meet with the Special Events Coordinator to provide information about your event and be prepared to discuss what resources and assistance that you will need from the City of Arlington. Please be ready to address the potential applicable issues, such as traffic circulation, trash collection and disposal, signage, restroom facilities, parking, security, utilities, banners, and fire safety issues. The City will assist you in how to make the event a success. Make an appointment by calling 360-403-3448.
2. Return the application and supplemental information on the specific details of the event to the Special Events coordinator. This specifically includes insurance certificate naming the City as additional insured, hold-harmless agreements, site maps, banner designs, and completed application. The city must receive the application at least 45 days prior to the event. Please allow for two weeks for the City to review your event.
3. All the affected City departments will review the entire application package, and changes to the event may be required. Additional conditions may be placed on the permit as necessary to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public. It is your responsibility to know if there are any additional permits that will be required for your event. The City will make every effort to assist you through this process.
4. Camping: The chief of police or his or her designee is authorized to permit persons to camp, occupy camp facilities, use camp paraphernalia, or store personal property in parks, streets, or any publicly owned parking lot or publicly owned area, improved or unimproved, in the city. Applications for camping may be approved if the chief or his or her designee finds that: adequate sanitary facilities are provided and accessible at or near the camp site; adequate trash receptacles and trash collection is to be provided; the camping activity will not unreasonably disturb or interfere with the peace, comfort and repose of private property owners; and the camping activity is not reasonably likely to cause injury to persons or property, to provoke disorderly conduct or create a disturbance. The chief of police or his or her designee is authorized to extend rules and regulations
regarding the implementation and enforcement relating to camping. Camping shall not be allowed
for a period of time in excess of seven calendar days.
5. Secure the additional permits that are prerequisites to attaining this permit, such as food handler’s
permits, supplemental electrical and water service permits, etc.
6. You may be asked to appear before the Arlington City Council if your event is extraordinary. City
Council approval is required on events that use public funds, or those that are closing a public
street. If the permit applicant requests the City to provide extraordinary services or equipment or
if the City otherwise determines that extraordinary services or equipment should be provided to
protect the public health or safety, the applicant shall be required to pay to the City a fee sufficient
to reimburse the City for the costs of these services. This requirement shall not apply if the event
has been anticipated in the budget process and sufficient funds have been included in the budget to
cover the costs incurred. If your permit is approved, you will be required to provide a security
payment that will be used to ensure compliance with the permit.
7. The recreation office will issue your special event permit, if approved, within 2 weeks of the
application. You will be notified if your permit is not approved, or if conditions are required before